1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Had to share this : West highland white attacks humans face

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Nov 16, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    http://www.bild.de/BILD/berlin/aktuell/2008/11/17/von-kleinem-hund-attackiert/lippe-zerrissen-und-zahn-verloren.html
    The
    owner of a great dane dalmation mix was walking his dog and the dog was attacked by a Westie. While trying to get the dog of his the terrier attacked the guy ,bit his face and even caused the loss of a tooth. As the owner of a pit -mix that doesnt kill ducks and chickens eventhough she had a chance i thought i had to share. THe little ones can be just as evil as a big dog.

The report is in german but with pictures.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We have a pit mix too. See?

[​IMG]

He is so dumb it isn't even funny.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I am much more afraid of small dogs than large dogs, except for rotties and dobies, but that's a whole different story!

Your pit is the cutest debiraymond!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yep!..i have found that alot more little dogs attack, than big dogs do!.......the attacks just arent put in the news as much because they are not fatal..(like the bigger dog attacks can be)...and thats due to little dog owners letting the dogs run all over them.(cause they are such cute little babies)...and then the dogs have no respect for humans...

5. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    What on earth was he doing, separating the dogs with his face? That is a nasty looking wound.

I don't bother fighting dogs . . . If they aren't trained well enough to stop when told, they can settle it amongst themselves. Those teeth are scary no matter what sized animal you put them in.

That being said . . . I love my westie, it's weird trying to picture him as the dog in the story. *pokes Jeff's tail as he "runs" in his sleep*

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Wow poor guy. When my sister was 2 she was bitten on the ear by a Lab and required a large amount of stitches.

We were at convenient store and the owner and the dog were well known. Kids ALWAYS patted the dog but this day the dog turned for no known reason and almost tore my sister's ear off. She was standing to the side and not even patting the dog.

Lesson learned for me, no matter what the size NEVER trust any dog.

7. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    I can tell you my two small dogs have killed some of my chicks. So yea-If I had it to do over again................bigger dogs~

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    ouch... looks like that hurt.. why was he "that" concerned about his great dane.. All that dog would have had to do was put a foot down and squished that little thing.. That whole dog would have fit in its mouth..

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:He first just held his dog(age 10) by the collar and the westie jumped and bit into the back of the great dane mix. I guess from there it isnt that far to a humans face anymore. I guess his dog was so submisive that he wouldnt fight the little dog, or just too old for that stuff.

10. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] OUCH!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by