Had to take out 3 chicks.

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
Well, I don't know what it is but I posted about a crippled pullet, about 12 weeks old, a few days ago.
She acted like she was getting better and thought perhaps she had just gotten stuck behind the crate in the brooder pen and had hurt her legs struggling to get out. That was about 4 days ago.
Then this morning I saw 2 other chicks were acting like they were drunk and knew the pullet wasn't alone. I watched them for a while and noticed they also were sneezing.
These chicks come into contact with no other chickens and were the ones that didn't get to me last Nov. from Ideal for about 6 days. I am now down to 11 chicks from that 25 I ordered.
This is the worst experience I have ever had with hatchery birds. The 23 I have from Xtreme are in another brooder pen and I haven't had any losses with them. They are 3 weeks older than the ones from Ideal. Thankfully, they aren't near the ones from Ideal.
I love all my chickens and it hurt to have to take out these 3 sweet pullets.

I have not had good results with Ideal.
I got a very rude person when I called to inform them my chicks had arrived last Nov. but many were dead.
I do plan to call tomorrow and tell them about this but I dread talking with another rude person.

Back
Top Bottom