Hair color what do you think???

Kassaundra

Sonic screwdrivers are cool!
12 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Henryetta
I am in my mid 40's and have very grey hair, but have been coloring it for years. I really hate having to drench my head in chemicals a couple of times a month and am considering going au-natural. Does anyone know of a program that I can upload a pic to and see how I would look in grey hair, I've tried a few and they don't show grey hair, it is an option but doesn't lighten my hair in the pic anywhere near grey. My avatar pic is only a couple of years old, it is basically the same as my hair is now.

Last edited:
auugg! I am dreading to have grey hair ! it scares me ! I wish I knew they have something for us to see what we will look like in the future! Where I work, theres many guys in their 70's colored there hair very dark, they do look younger but looks so fake... Some ladies are letting go and some didnt try to make them look better.

I started greying at 18 years old. My father's side grey very early. The only good thing is it is a pretty shiney bright grey, not that yellow dingy grey
hmm.png
I just don't want to look old. I see some women w/ grey hair and it looks really cool, but others that just look old and tired, I'd like to know which I am before taking the plunge or just to keep drenching myself in chemicals.

I turned gray at 12 years old. In high school, I could buy all the beer.
lau.gif
I finally broke down and started coloring it on my 27th birthday. I was a dark brunette. By my mid thirties, it was white and 2 weeks after a color job, I looked like a skunk. Hmmmm time to lighten up. I became a red head. I enjoyed my red hair for 20 years. Last November, I decided I was tired of slapping a coat of paint on the 'ol barn, so I stopped. Colored hair growing out looks like crap. No way around it. As soon as possible, I got a SHORT haircut which left me with faded red tips. That looked like crap too.
lol.png
Just not as bad of a crap job like it looked before the haircut.

My hair is nuclear-glow-in-the-dark-WHITE!!!! I get so many compliments on it. If you want to know what you will look like, go try on a wig. Go on, grow it out. If you don't like what you look like, you can always color it again. Me? NEVER, EVER coloring again.

And it is fun to do the ceremony of dropping the last bottle of hair color in the trash when you finally have all the color grown out and you love your natural self.

Oh, about looking old.........if you are tired and old looking, no amount of fake color will help you. You will just be old and tired looking with bright fake hair! Keep a smile, glow from with in and hair doesn't matter.

I was 14... Mine was pretty gray at 20 an even now in my 30s I still have to show ID for things unless I keep a long beard. Color has little to do with how old you look.

My grandmother who is 85 gets more compliments on her hair than anyone I have ever seen. Hers is about waist length an grayish gold. People stop her everywhere we go to talk about her hair.

I turned gray at 12 years old. In high school, I could buy all the beer.
lau.gif
I finally broke down and started coloring it on my 27th birthday. I was a dark brunette. By my mid thirties, it was white and 2 weeks after a color job, I looked like a skunk. Hmmmm time to lighten up. I became a red head. I enjoyed my red hair for 20 years. Last November, I decided I was tired of slapping a coat of paint on the 'ol barn, so I stopped. Colored hair growing out looks like crap. No way around it. As soon as possible, I got a SHORT haircut which left me with faded red tips. That looked like crap too.
lol.png
Just not as bad of a crap job like it looked before the haircut.

My hair is nuclear-glow-in-the-dark-WHITE!!!! I get so many compliments on it. If you want to know what you will look like, go try on a wig. Go on, grow it out. If you don't like what you look like, you can always color it again. Me? NEVER, EVER coloring again.

And it is fun to do the ceremony of dropping the last bottle of hair color in the trash when you finally have all the color grown out and you love your natural self.
Oh if I take the plunge I will add chemicals one more time and take all the fake color out leaving the natural. That is what I'm hoping for nuclear glow in the dark white.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom