Hair Disaster

Rammy

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Tennessee
Ok. Tonight I decided to color my hair a little with that Nice and Easy Frost and Tip. Ive done it before years ago but I have long hair and it takes two people to pull your hair thru those little holes in the bonnet. I had to have my neighbor come over and help me finish that part as I couldnt see after a certain point. Long story short, when I went to take the bonnet off, same as last time, had some trouble and had to rip it off in sections. Didnt think anything was wrong at that point. Washed and conditioned as instructed. Went to brush out hair, and HUGE matted mess on the back of my head. Looked like someones dog that hadnt been brushed in months. I had to cut the matt out. Needless to say, I thinned out my long hair a little bit. I was ticked. I have thin hair to begin with, now its even thinner. Hair looks good though<g>. Something TOLD me not to do it but I hate having dishwater blonde hair. Just wanted a few highlights so it looked natural and not that all one color tone I normally did. Just wanted to vent.

Rammy

It could of been a lot worse. Once my DW decided to color her hair and long story short it was Carrot Orange!
lol.png
It took $125 at the salon to fix a mess up with a $6 box of hair color.
roll.png
Much to her dismay I laughed so hard I almost fell off the porch, that or she tried to knock me off for laughing.
hide.gif

I am an ex hairdresser of almost 30 years and would never pull my own hair through a cap. You have to be so very careful how much comes through!

I have light to medium brown hair with major amounts of gray. Used to keep it colored red....then one day the red would not stay on any time at all....the gray would not hold it. So I started with a dark blonde. Worked my way to a level 8 blonde. My hair is almost to my waist and I still color it myself at home. L'oreal makes some great color and it looks pretty natural....I just keep forgetting I am now a blonde and scare people I have not seen in years!

Bleach is funny....opens the cuticle of the hair and plumps it up.....has to be closed back down. Those mats are pretty normal for hair of any length when you pull through a cap....personally....I would find another way! Bleach can be scary stuff when things don't go right!

Quote:
My wife is a hairdresser and I have seen this hair pulled the cap thing many times. Hate to admit this
hide.gif
but I have pulled my wife's hair through the cap for her so she can make highlights in her hair. As for your tangled mess..did you brush your hair before you put the cap on? And did you brush it again after you pulled the hair through the holes?

dont worry my auntie once came home from the salon with purple hair
gig.gif
granted she had dyed it alot before this but was going to get it fixed? and came back with PURPLE hair kinda lavender like the chickens but darker more purple
lau.gif
the rest of the story is worse..she had to wait a few days to dye it again and when she did - most of it FELL out! she then had to buy wigs and get extentions, it was awful. i have not dyed my hair in 12 years because of this. she way over did it, but be careful with that stuff!
wink.png

buy a box of foil sandwhich wraps from Coctco, and learn to do a weave instead, works very well, I also buy my products from Sally's Beauty Supply, I would use the bleaching kit or for color I use the L'Oreal colors and buy the bottle of mix for it sepperate, then you only mix what you need with no waste

I just use Fancifull. LOVE it. It's the only hair color that I can find no indication it's toxic. Yes you have to use it every time, actually every other often works, but so what? I've been using the same bottle for a year; how cheap is that? It doesn't bleach, of course, though.

Back
Top Bottom