Haiti

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joletabey, Jan 13, 2010.

1. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I would imagine that any prayers/ good thoughts/good vibes/ that you can send toward Haiti right now would be a very good thing. The earthquake has left them totally devastated. (I have friends with friends there. . . .)

2. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    I really would love to go right now...not that I have much to give, but they are such a poor country to begin with...

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    The devastation is incredible. It's going to take years to clean up the mess- there were 9000 UN workers already there, and many are unaccounted for. [​IMG]

4. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    It's sad. I can't imagine why anyone would live there if they had any choice. They have one disaster after another.

5. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Quote:There are over 9 million people there - all incredibly poor. They heve zero options. We can certainly be thankful for our situation, and pray for those in theirs.

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] prayers directed their way.

7. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:For some reason I have been thinking on this all day.

Why would anyone live there if they had a choice?

When we lived in Paraguay, which is a very poor and corrupt country in South America, I met a lot of people who were educated here in the states then returned home. Some had a choice to stay here. I asked a few of them why they came back, and this is what they all said - They had hope and love for their people and their country... and besides, it was their home.

The human condition has a lot of nasty elements, but as a race we also have hope and love. Thank goodness, right?

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Prayers will certainly be said for them. [​IMG]

9. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    Yes, these people who are suffering need all the help that they can get, and also prayers. For those who wonder why they would live there, it's where they were born, and where their parents were born, and their parents. It's their home. If they were fortunate enough to be able to get away for an education I would imagine (only my own humble opinion) that they would return because they want to try to improve things at home.
    And on another note, Pat Robertson needs a lobotomy, to have his tongue removed, or both.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by