Half Columbian and SL Wyandottes?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by joebat, May 9, 2011.

1. joebat

joebat Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    This is my first post. I just got some chicks that are going to be half columbian and half silver laced wyandottes. These are also my first chickens! Anybody have any idea how these chicks are going to turn out? Also have some just plain silver laced wyandottes. And don't tell me they are going to be UGLY! They are going to be just fine! Just wondering!!Lol!

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    The 1/2 Columbian and 1/2 SL pullets will make some fine hens for breeding sex-link chicks. When they are old enough put them under an RIR rooster.

3. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    Depending on the bloodlines involved, but they will probably mostly look like columbians with partial incomplete lacing. Think of a royal palm turkey. I hatched a pullet last year out of a splash blue columbian hen that I thought had been seperated from the siver laced males long enough, apparently I needed to waite a bit longer. Your cross chicks will likely look similar to this, except they will have black trim rather than blue in the photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  4. draye

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:Big Medicine thaty is a pretty hen, now you have me wanting to get me some Columbian and Silver LAced Wyandottes. I already have too many projects going on. They are in their early stages yety though.

5. draye

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Did you get them Chicks?

How about some pictures of them?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by