Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Pics
I don't know...when you see an internal pip might be a better time to remove the plastic wrap. If you think of it in terms of a hatching chick it's normally the build up of carbon dioxide that encourages the chick to pip and you really want that membrane to stay pliable until the chick pips through it as well. Exposure to the air may make it too stiff for the chick to break through. This is all unknown territory though so it's all a guess.
That does make sense. I chipped away the pointy end though. So is it going to pip into the open (pointy) end? Or is going to pip into the air cell on the bottom?

That does make sense. I chipped away the pointy end though. So is it going to pip into the open (pointy) end? Or is going to pip into the air cell on the bottom?

Oh! Ummmm...hmmm...I wonder if having opened the opposite end will encourage them to pip upsidedown. Having the pointy end upright may very well increase the chances of it pipping in that end as well. I mean, sometimes chicks pip in the pointy end even when you don't disturb the natural way of things.

I don't know...when you see an internal pip might be a better time to remove the plastic wrap. If you think of it in terms of a hatching chick it's normally the build up of carbon dioxide that encourages the chick to pip and you really want that membrane to stay pliable until the chick pips through it as well. Exposure to the air may make it too stiff for the chick to break through. This is all unknown territory though so it's all a guess.
I agree with this

Back
Top Bottom