Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

I have some sad news. I've been really dreading posting this. Yesterday at some point baby ET passed away. I don't know why. When I opened the incubator (I was going to take all the eggs over to the NR) I noticed there were no veins left. No movement, nothing. I opened her up and "eggtopsied" her. I have pics if anyone wants to see them. I feel like I failed. I'm sorry. šŸ˜¢

I'm so so sorry! :hugs That's what is so tough about experimenting during hatches. Sometimes it doesn't work out. I myself have done several experiments that were not recommended, some work out and some don't. I currently have a box full of goose eggs with completely detached air cells and I'm finding I'm quite stressed about starting this hatch because the last time I tried to hatch one that was completely lose it made it through quite a lot of incubation and then quit right at the end.

I'm so so sorry! :hugs That's what is so tough about experimenting during hatches. Sometimes it doesn't work out. I myself have done several experiments that were not recommended, some work out and some don't. I currently have a box full of goose eggs with completely detached air cells and I'm finding I'm quite stressed about starting this hatch because the last time I tried to hatch one that was completely lose it made it through quite a lot of incubation and then quit right at the end.
maybe try not turning it for the first 7 days. I know it sounds crazy but that is what I did with my duck egg that made it and hatched.

Back
Top Bottom