Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Pics
Sorry I have been so late in posting these pics. I just took them an hour ago. All 4 eggs are still alive and going strong! @SnapdragonQ your tp tube holder idea is working great for me. Thank you for that.
It is day 10 for 2 eggs (the one I opened the air cell on is one of the 2)
Day 9 for 1 egg, and day 8 for the other.
Ok, now here are pics. @CluckNDoodle @JaeG @FortCluck @Trisseh @MysteryChicken @TheOddOneOut @BirdsBeesTrees
20200810_204603.jpg
20200811_204221.jpg
20200811_204215.jpg
20200811_204438.jpg
20200811_204713.jpg

I've decided one of these is going to have to be named ET if it hatches. I'll be posting daily updates from now on, and pics every other day. If anyone has any tips/ideas feel free to share. Humidity is currently at 66%. The membrane on the one (the one I opened the air cell on) is impossible to see through, but it remains a good color so humidity must be good.

:fl Come on babies!

I have some eggs in my incubator but they are all a bit precious. They are English Araucana eggs in Partridge and Birchen and they are on day 5. But at some point it would be fun to try this and show the kids.
Oh, yes, those eggs sound awesome! Let us know if they hatch! (and pics of course) They should hatch around the same time as mine, just a couple days behind.

Sorry I have been so late in posting these pics. I just took them an hour ago. All 4 eggs are still alive and going strong! @SnapdragonQ your tp tube holder idea is working great for me. Thank you for that.
It is day 10 for 2 eggs (the one I opened the air cell on is one of the 2)
Day 9 for 1 egg, and day 8 for the other.
Ok, now here are pics. @CluckNDoodle @JaeG @FortCluck @Trisseh @MysteryChicken @TheOddOneOut @BirdsBeesTrees
View attachment 2286735View attachment 2286729View attachment 2286731View attachment 2286732View attachment 2286733
I've decided one of these is going to have to be named ET if it hatches. I'll be posting daily updates from now on, and pics every other day. If anyone has any tips/ideas feel free to share. Humidity is currently at 66%. The membrane on the one (the one I opened the air cell on) is impossible to see through, but it remains a good color so humidity must be good.
Oh wow those are looking good!
I see you have the eggs right up front with a gauge (temp?) on both sides. How are you finding the temps are holding for you? Did you make any adjustments to the settings?

My last batch I placed a govee gauge with bluetooth on the turner and found there were well defined and regular temp fluxuations in temps. They were like clockwork in a 24 hour period so chalked it up to hot/cold spots along the daily trip around the NR360.

Back
Top Bottom