Half silkie mix genders

Florencehb

Chirping
Sep 7, 2021
Mallorca, Spain
Hello! I've got two 12 week old half silkies and I'm having a bit of a hard time telling which gender they are. I've heard that you can tell which gender based of skin colour but I'm not too sure if that's reliable, any help with determining the genders would be greatly appreciated.
20230110_103532.jpg

I agree that both look like pullets.

You can tell with skin color only if the father is a silkie and mother is a light skinned breed. Then females will have black skin and males will have light skin. And it's been accurate with my silkie mixes so far, but mine were all female. I'll hatch some more of that cross in a couple months and be able to really test that method of telling genders.

I agree that both look like pullets.

You can tell with skin color only if the father is a silkie and mother is a light skinned breed. Then females will have black skin and males will have light skin. And it's been accurate with my silkie mixes so far, but mine were all female. I'll hatch some more of that cross in a couple months and be able to really test that method of telling genders.
I thought that might be the case, My rooster is a silkie and all my hens are light skinned, the only thing is when the chicken in the front hatched it had light skin and a day later it turned dark, maybe it could be male but I'm not sure :)

Back
Top Bottom