Halleluhah! Finally got an egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mortos, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Mortos

Mortos Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    Choctaw
    My easter egger hen laid me a beautiful tiny green egg today. This has been a trial of errors and my once giant flock of 16 is now down to 8. I was beginning to think I would run out of chickens before I ever got an egg. Thank you Brown Betty. You did real good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldtimeway

oldtimeway Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    midwest
    Giants don't lay green eggs. They must me auracana or americanas.

3. Mortos

Mortos Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    Choctaw
    I am so confused. If I post that this chicken is an Araucana I am told it is an easter egger, no I post it's an easter egger and it's an Araucana. What the heck is it?

4. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I think oldtimeway confused your comment "giant" flock of 16 to mean Jersey "Giants". [​IMG] Correct me if I'm wrong oldtimeway. You are likely correct that it is an EE (mixed breed)...but it looks close to olive color...you may have an OE (mixed breed) on your hands. Some BYCers will find you very lucky. It is a beautiful addition to a colorful egg basket. I'm waiting on mine to grow up and lay some eggs! [​IMG]

From someone who has a huge flock and hardly any layers (SLACKERS!), congrats on your pretty green egg! [​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! That's a beautiful egg!

6. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    LOVE that color. I have an EE that lays olive eggs...now does that make her an OE because her name IS Olivia [​IMG]

7. GAGE

GAGE Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    GA
    Congrats, that is a beauty![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by