1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

***Hallelujah!! Day 22 and finally a HATCH updated with PICS ***

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    You remember that I dropped my thermometer on one of my 3 bantam cochin eggs and the baby didn't survive...it was just too early.

Well I'm on day 22 today and my hopes were beginning to fade for the other 2.....but....my hubby just called and said one was pipped and the other is visibly rocking back and forth!!

Yeah....will upload pics as soon as they hatch!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    How Exciting!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh hooray! [​IMG] I'm so happy for you! [​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yeah...my hubby called and said that the second egg is "visibly rocking back and forth"....!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

I told him last week that they would sometimes do that and he was...shall we say...a doubting Thomas?? He basically told me that I was full of ****.

I was suprised that he called and admitted it....probably doesn't remember our conversation from last week. [​IMG]

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

7. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Now Gator Im a Tennessee Vol fan, [​IMG] but this time Im pulling for the Gator's hatch......[​IMG] Im so happy for you. [​IMG] OMG he's turned into an addict too... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  8. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yep, Egg...I think I've finally got him "crossing over" !!

Thanks for pulling for this ole' Gator's hatch...I'll return the favor to my Vol friend!

I root for all SEC teams when they aren't playing the Gators...well, all except KY bball...

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Happy to report that I have a new baby bantam cochin!! Pipped this morning then around 8:00 pm it zipped and hatched within 10 minutes. Wow...they are soooo tiny compared to standard chics. This thing is all over the bator.

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

Last one hasn't pipped yet...my hubby saw the egg moving this afternoon but still no pip. This is the end of day 22. What to do????

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Photos aren't too great through the top of the bator. Will post others when baby is dry and in brooder. This baby is from a frizzle cross so it could be a frizzle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by