Hallelujah our first egg on Thanksgiving morning

bobbieschicks

Chicken Tender
8 Years
Jun 24, 2011
King George, VA
My Coop
My Coop
What a great thing for which to give thanks! Way to go Snow White! She will be 19 weeks old on Saturday - our only White Leghorn pullet and only pullet old enough to lay. The next layers are at least 4 weeks behind her.

So exciting!
97463_our_1st_egg_002.jpg

97463_our_1st_egg_004.jpg

Congratulations and many, many more!!!

What a wonderful thing for which to be thankful. I have been getting 7-9 eggs a day from my 10 girls for about 3 months, and it hasn't gotten old. It's still exciting and AMAZING to me that these girls take grass, bugs and feed and turn it into one of nature's healthiest foods...every day! How do they DO it??!!

You should scramble it and put it on a plate for everyone to have a bite a dinner tonight. Enjoy!!

How wonderful! Praise God for His creatures who provide for us in glorious ways. Gathering eggs never gets boring
smile.png
May there be many more for Snow White and the rest of your flock! Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you all for your kind words - it's funny but I was quite shocked to see the egg in there. I know I have been anxious for her to start laying, but it still was a surprize. At first I thought it was a joke or maybe something else - then when it occurred to me it was an egg I rushed to the house and had my son bring me the camera. Then the kids and I ran back out to the coop to take the picture. LOL! What a great surprize. I can't wait to see if I get another one tomorrow. This is like Christmas every day!

The journey only took about 22 weeks.

It started with this
97463_dcp_4166.jpg

And went to this
97463_dcp_4214.jpg

then to this
97463_dcp_4262.jpg

To this
97463_dcp_4437.jpg

To this
97463_comb_cleaning_010.jpg

To this
97463_our_1st_egg_004.jpg

Next up - to our plate! The circle of life
smile.png

Yeah we got a second egg! I guess it may be a continuing thing - way to go Snow White! The eggs are still smaller then expected, but I suppose they'll get larger as she goes. Just 10 more days and I should have a dozen
smile.png

97463_thanksgiving_and_new_egg_019.jpg

97463_thanksgiving_and_new_egg_020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom