Hallelujah, We Have A Green Egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by simpsoncj, Jan 25, 2011.

1. simpsoncj

simpsoncj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    My EE finally started back laying again! She hadn't laid an egg since the end of October and last week I noticed her comb was beginning to get brighter, then lo and behold, a green egg a few days ago! I feel like it's a miracle. ( I know it's really not!) Six of my girls who are of laying age started back to laying in December. Now, I'm just waiting for my blue cochin to start and we'll have enough eggs again! Just wanted to let anyone else who has been waiting a long time for their girls to start laying after a molt and a winter slow down, don't give up, it will happen!! [​IMG]
    CJ

2. gaillardia

gaillardia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Larkspur, CO
    Congrats! My EE hasn't laid an egg since mid October. Her feathers are back, but her comb is still purple. Everyone else is laying, so no pressure, but I hate not being able to admire those beautiful eggs.

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    [​IMG] Way to go.....

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Congrats! I've got 1/2 mine back to laying. My BR is being a stinker though, she quit in early October and still nothing from her!

5. simpsoncj

simpsoncj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    Thanks everyone! I still can't believe I've had the patience to wait this out! I didn't want to extend the light so they would keep laying through the winter, but I never realized they wouldn't lay at all!

I am glad I waited it out though as I would prefer to let them take their natural course. I raised three BCM's (one is a definite rooster) that are around 13 weeks and two lavender orps that are around 12 weeks now, so I should have quite the egg production come spring!

CJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by