Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by NeoRoey, Aug 27, 2010.

1. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Finally, our peachicks hatched. When I was very little, I remember we had a beautiful Indian peacock that we called Kirby. He was hatched from an egg and couldn't get through. After hours and hours of no results, my parents tried to hand-hatch him using some metal things and, whatever. Anyways, despite the huge risk, Kirby got out safely. We had him for about 10 years. One day, he hurt his leg very bad. We took him to the vet and got him better, but he died a few months later for no known reason. Since then, we have tried 3 more times, about 25 eggs, and finally we had one that hatched. Not one, two...yeah...just, y'know, wanted to share that story with you. They're, uh, they're doing good. Hatched on August 5th.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    Congratulations! One of my neighbors had a peacock when I was younger, boy was it loud, lol.

and [​IMG]

3. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Thank you. This place is tons of fun. i remember that Kirby wouldn't let me go to sleep EARLY. It's hard to tell because they're so young, but I'm dying to get a male and a female...really. I'd shoot you if it would make the odds higher. KIDDING!

I hope I don't get a notification/warning/infraction for this post. They hand them out like pennies at Arachnoboards.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by