Hallo aus Deutschland- Any Germans out here?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Avalon1984, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I am originally from Germany so I thought I’d look for some fellow Germans. Born and raised in East Germany, I had the pleasure to grow up surrounded by beautiful mountains and rich culture. My parents operated a small farm and had a few acres of land which we cut for hay- by hand. We did the entire haying process by hand, just with rakes, sais and big burlap sacks. I came over here after meeting the man of my dreams and was lucky enough to receive my Green card this year. I now live on my own farm surrounded by horses and chickens. Any other Germans out there? Hallo?

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Not German, but have some German in my background............and my husband's family also has some German. (last name Knigge)

What a wonderful childhood it sounds like you had. How do you find farm life here compared to farm life there? Is the growing season about the same (where you are now compared to then?).

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    [​IMG] My husbands mother is from German heritage her last name was Behymer. My fathers Grandparents were Amish. Glad you have found us. Bet you miss the mountains. I live in FLAT Illinois. Would love to live in the mountains.

4. Niamh

Niamh Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2016
    NC Iowa
    Hallo!
    Ich komme auch aus Deutschland :) Born and raised in Bayern. Bin seit 2008 hier, aber erst seit 2016 Huehner Besitzerin.
    In Deutschland hab ich immer auf dem Nachbar Bauernhof ausgeholfen wenn ich bei meinen Grosseltern auf Besuch war oder mit meiner Freundin bei derer ihrer Familie...
    PM mir doch mal :) Wuerd mich freuen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by