Hallo from Melbourne Australia

Cipike Milo Buz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
Melbourne Australia
I join this website a year ago, I loved reading stories and solutions forums can offer, however I remain silent. I would like to introduce our small group of pet chickens Cipi - the rooster and his partner Cipika and Buzz, unfortunaltely our loved Milo is no longer with us.
A Tribute to Milo,
Milo was born on the 16 January 2013, she was four weeks old when we first time met her at the Coldstreem farm in Melbourne. I was admiring number of small little chicks when she come to the edge of the hot box and start following me and my daughter around, all others were interested in the food. I waited for the owner, as I walked around I noticed that this smallest chick in the glass box was showing no interest in the food, she was everywhere we were. I decided to take Milo home. The owner insisted that Milo was not the best chick , she was way too small and I was advised that I should take any other. I couldn't Milo was smallest but to me she looked perfect. I felt that Milo has chosen us, so we took her and another small chick (we named her Buzz), that followed Milo, so they become our pets. When she was eight weeks old, Milo was showing signs of difficulty breathing and what other chickens would found easy to do it was laborious for Milo.
Milo was quick learner and learnt to respond to the words "hop, hop' she would jump on our shoulders and get a cuddle and special treat. Milo new her name and would always ran to the door when she would hear us calling her name, she would greet us with deep voice and would sit on our shoulder or lap to get her cuddle. Milo loved music and will jump with the beat of the song. Buzz loved music too and both of them would have a "chest to chest dance", they would spread their wings and glide around each other. Milo was free to roam in the garden and from the dusk to dawn was in the garden, her favourite spot was between two threes, where she enjoyed her dust baths and grooming. Once her time came to have eggs, she laid egg every morning at 0700am, she has not missed a day even on her last day she gave us her egg. She was very gentle with her eggs and would talk softly and peck egg, once this was done we could take her egg, but not before she peck at it. Milo loved to come inside the house and sit on my daughter lap when she felt tired.
On 21 April 2014 unfortunately, her little chest has gave away and she has lay down in the garden like she was asleep when we found her at 11am.
We loved our Milo and may she rest in peace we will miss her cheekiness, her loud calls at 0700am announcing that she had an egg, her running for cuddle, her fixing my hair when she was on my shoulders, her joyful calls every morning as she knew how to appreciate every day she was on this Earth.
With love and sadness we say goodbye to our much loved Milo.

Welcome to the flock!
smile.png
Loved the story of Milo - she obviously did choose you, she knew you would care for her and love her! Enjoy your birds, they all have distinct personalities,

I join this website a year ago, I loved reading stories and solutions forums can offer, however I remain silent. I would like to introduce our small group of pet chickens Cipi - the rooster and his partner Cipika and Buzz, unfortunaltely our loved Milo is no longer with us.
A Tribute to Milo,
Milo was born on the 16 January 2013, she was four weeks old when we first time met her at the Coldstreem farm in Melbourne. I was admiring number of small little chicks when she come to the edge of the hot box and start following me and my daughter around, all others were interested in the food. I waited for the owner, as I walked around I noticed that this smallest chick in the glass box was showing no interest in the food, she was everywhere we were. I decided to take Milo home. The owner insisted that Milo was not the best chick , she was way too small and I was advised that I should take any other. I couldn't Milo was smallest but to me she looked perfect. I felt that Milo has chosen us, so we took her and another small chick (we named her Buzz), that followed Milo, so they become our pets. When she was eight weeks old, Milo was showing signs of difficulty breathing and what other chickens would found easy to do it was laborious for Milo.
Milo was quick learner and learnt to respond to the words "hop, hop' she would jump on our shoulders and get a cuddle and special treat. Milo new her name and would always ran to the door when she would hear us calling her name, she would greet us with deep voice and would sit on our shoulder or lap to get her cuddle. Milo loved music and will jump with the beat of the song. Buzz loved music too and both of them would have a "chest to chest dance", they would spread their wings and glide around each other. Milo was free to roam in the garden and from the dusk to dawn was in the garden, her favourite spot was between two threes, where she enjoyed her dust baths and grooming. Once her time came to have eggs, she laid egg every morning at 0700am, she has not missed a day even on her last day she gave us her egg. She was very gentle with her eggs and would talk softly and peck egg, once this was done we could take her egg, but not before she peck at it. Milo loved to come inside the house and sit on my daughter lap when she felt tired.
On 21 April 2014 unfortunately, her little chest has gave away and she has lay down in the garden like she was asleep when we found her at 11am.
We loved our Milo and may she rest in peace we will miss her cheekiness, her loud calls at 0700am announcing that she had an egg, her running for cuddle, her fixing my hair when she was on my shoulders, her joyful calls every morning as she knew how to appreciate every day she was on this Earth.

Hello and welcome back to BYC! I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always very hard to lose a family member, even if it's our pets, that we have raised with such love and caring. It sounds like Milo gave you much love and enjoyment while with you. There's nothing I can say or do to take your pain away but know that there:hugs are others on here that will help you anyway possible. :hugs

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

What a wonderful story about Milo. I am sorry about her passing however. It is never easy to lose these sweet feathered friends. I hope your heavy heart can heal.
hugs.gif

But we do welcome you to our flock! Make yourself at home here on BYC and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for sharing your touching story.
smile.png

A Tribute to Milo,

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif

Thank you all for your sympathy, encouragment and welcoming me back. I absolutely enjoy this website and community we have.
I will be soon posting good stories from my cheeky three chickens. I need to learn how to upload photographs. Does anyone know?

It's a bit convoluted, but you download your pix to your default folder in your profile, then you can upload to the thread that you want. It took me a while, but it gets better each time, hang in there!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom