Halloween Candy Recall

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicabee19, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought it was important enough to make sure everyone saw it.

Sherwood Brands Foods: Chocolate "Pirate Coins" have been recalled for containing Melamine.

Made in China.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    and it's true...snopes has it posted.

i sent it to my dad and he said he had been at a party where a lady was giving out gold coin candies because she was a pirate. he had passed and he was glad just in case!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Dont need any poisoned chocolates!!!!!!!!!

4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    and it's true...snopes has it posted.

Yeah, I should have said I checked it to see if it was a hoax before posting. I got it in an email from a friend who also checked it.

I HATE it when I get a hoax email that is so easy to check before sending to a thousand people! [​IMG]

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Glad you didnt say Snickers cause I was chowin' down on one when I opened this post! [​IMG]

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Now I need to check for "made in china" on my kids candy - cause I will throw it ALL out no matter if its a coin or not.

I hope those that are adding the melamine ROT IN HELL. :thun

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:oh, that is awesome. man! now i want a Snicker's bar.

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    this may be kinda off topic and i am sorry...but...
    how is the melmine getting into the food?....if it was someone adding it during the process of making it you would have thought they would have caught her person(s) involved by now...

this really disturbs me...you have to check toys from china and food...what else is next?

with dog food recalls, toy recalls because of lead, the Maple Leaf foods recall that happened here in Canada, A hamburger chain here (Harveys) in northern Ontario was serving tainted food a few weeks ago..man o man i am wanting my own lil farm so I know what I am eating

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:oh, that is awesome. man! now i want a Snicker's bar.

[​IMG] We have a ton! Come trick-or-treating and I'll be sure to give you a dozen or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by