Halloween: Chicken costumes, etc.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 77horses, Sep 14, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    So Halloween may be over a month away, but my mom thought of this idea for trick-or-treaters. [​IMG]

She just bought a fog machine and we are going to make our garage like a haunted house. [​IMG] We are going to have a table set up in it with the candy and everything and there is going to be lights and decorations and music and fake cobwebs. I think it's going to look great! [​IMG] Any ideas that you guys have? Any one else every do this?

Also my friends and I got a great idea for this Halloween. Just for the fun of it, we were going to all dress up as chickens! [​IMG] We are planning on making our own. We were thinking of each homemade costume including:

-Yellow, gray, or orange sweat pants
    -Yellow, brown, black/white(like a barred rock), or orange shirt
    -Foam feet that tie around your ankle and go over your shoes. (Another idea is to have feathered feet)
    -Comb- any ideas?
    -Beak- Could easily buy a fake beak or make one
    -Wings-piece if cardboard/foam tied to top of arms with fake feathers all over them.
    -Tail- any ideas?

Thanks and feel free to give any suggestions or experiences. [​IMG]

2. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    Oops sorry! I meant to post this in the Random Ramblings forum...
    Mods- could you please move this to the Random Ramblings section? Thanks so much and sorry! [​IMG]

3. froggie71

froggie71 Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Cute idea. You could make the comb from red craft foam. It's thin, lightweight, but hold its shape. Maybe put is on a baseball hat or ski cap or something like that.

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:Good idea thanks!

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    any other ideas?

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover