Halloween: Chicken costumes, etc.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 77horses, Sep 14, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    So Halloween may be over a month away, but my mom thought of this idea for trick-or-treaters. [​IMG]

She just bought a fog machine and we are going to make our garage like a haunted house. [​IMG] We are going to have a table set up in it with the candy and everything and there is going to be lights and decorations and music and fake cobwebs. I think it's going to look great! [​IMG] Any ideas that you guys have? Any one else every do this?

Also my friends and I got a great idea for this Halloween. Just for the fun of it, we were going to all dress up as chickens! [​IMG] We are planning on making our own. We were thinking of each homemade costume including:

-Yellow, gray, or orange sweat pants
    -Yellow, brown, black/white(like a barred rock), or orange shirt
    -Foam feet that tie around your ankle and go over your shoes. (Another idea is to have feathered feet)
    -Comb- any ideas?
    -Beak- Could easily buy a fake beak or make one
    -Wings-piece if cardboard/foam tied to top of arms with fake feathers all over them.
    -Tail- any ideas?

Thanks and feel free to give any suggestions or experiences. [​IMG]

2. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Oops sorry! I meant to post this in the Random Ramblings forum...
    Mods- could you please move this to the Random Ramblings section? Thanks so much and sorry! [​IMG]

3. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Cute idea. You could make the comb from red craft foam. It's thin, lightweight, but hold its shape. Maybe put is on a baseball hat or ski cap or something like that.

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Good idea thanks!

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    any other ideas?

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover