Halloween Costumes?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silver1polish, Oct 1, 2015.

1. silver1polish

silver1polish Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2014
    Sadened...
    Hey Guys,
    Is anyone gonna dress up their chicken for Halloween? I'm going to dress my little serama up Penny she going to be a Peacock. I'm making the costume my self. It's pretty hard to make it since it has to be so small.

Share your Chicken's Halloween Costume here!!

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Your chicken is going to be so confused! :lol:

3. silver1polish

Jun 18, 2014
    Sadened...
    ya she probably is going to be!
    I'm also going to dress up as a peacock for the 3rd year in a row i love being a peacock for Halloween!!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'd love to see the peacock costume. Also need good ideas for a cow costume - I can't sew and am NOT the least bit artistic. I can find some cow stuff online but, mostly kid sizes. I am too 'ample ' to fit in any. Especially can't find a cow mask. No one considers that a Halloween thing. But I need it for Chickfila's Cow appreciation day next year.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    My friend has two elderly serama hens, It would be hysterical if she dressed them up as bantam peacocks.

Pictures, we need pictures. On BYC we always say "If there aren't pictures, it doesn't exist!"

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. silver1polish

Jun 18, 2014
    Sadened...
    Hope you find a crow costume Nancy! That reminds me of a story.. 2 years ago i rescued a baby crow (since she had fell out of her nest) and she was so... CUTE!! I named her "Starlight" and for a little wile i played with her in the bathroom! Then we called a rehabillation center for animals and they took her in to teach her how to fly and live on her own. She was let free after about maybe 8 months of training. The End!

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011

:lau

I think Drumstick was referring to a COW!

Cute crow story though. :lau

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Too bad you can't find a white shirt and white pants and cut out spots from black felt. A little fabric glue will probably secure the felt to the material. As far as a tail goes... You could pin a white strip of fabric to the back of your pants (white rope may even work), and secure black yarn to the tip of your "tail" using fabric glue.

You could use face paint to help create the look of a cow (which excludes the need for a mask), and make cute little cow ears off a head band.

Just throwing it out there! All my halloween costumes were homemade. :)

9. silver1polish

Jun 18, 2014
    Sadened...
    I thought she said crow Silly Me!! Well anyways good luck finding your COW costume!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by