Halloween Spirit: Ghost Stories!

xxSonja

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Australia
Does anybody have any?
Id love to read some!
Pretty pretty please? Doesnt matter if they are long or short.
Im having a halloween party again this year and im really trying to get into the spirit of it.
I have over 120 guests coming and about 50 of them are kids so id love to be able to 'entertain' (read 'scare the pants off') them on the night.

This is not a story but its a lil thing i get the kids to do to see how active their imagination is...
* i get them to close their eyes, relax, then i start 'now imagine your in a big house, its a beautiful 2 story house, and your on the top floor. You notice the stair case, with its shiny wooden banister, wouldnt it be so fun to slide down it? Its long and its straight, and its so shiny you could be at the bottom so quick. Go on jump on! Now imagine sliding down, its so fun isnt it? Your almost half way down already'
*now heres the fun part... Said in the same relaxing voice...
' now imagine the banister your sliding on just turned into a razor blade.'
lol its great to see how many different reactions you get, some giggle, some gasp, some say it creeped them out, but you definitly find out who's got an active imagination and it totally gets them into the halloween mood
smile.png

now its your turn...

A friend of mine used to live in a haunted house with her SO. They'd be sitting on the couch watching tv, and all of the sudden something would pound on the wall, or floor near them. Happened a lot. It got so bad they would all sleep together in one room with the kids, because they were afraid to be alone in the house. On day, 'it' was chasing her boyfriend down the hall. She was sitting on the bed reading when he came running through the door, out of breath, slamming the door behind him. 2 seconds later there was a huge BAM on the closed door, from the other side. He was terrified. They moved.

My dad and stepmother live in the house that my mom,dad, and I lived in together. My mom died about 13yrs ago. I moved out, sm moved in. Recently, my dad casually mentioned 'the ghost'. I said "WHAT GHOST!" ? I lived there 10 yrs and NO ghost.
Apparently, they have been hearing strange things. For example, they will be sitting in the living room watching tv. They hear the garage door open, then a few seconds later, close. The kitchen/garage door opens, and they hear someone walking across the tile floor of the kitchen. This is all quite loud, and my dad will get up to go see who is there. NO ONE is there. They both heard it,and sometimes my stepsister, who also lives there, hears things as well.
Other stuff happens too. He will be laying in bed early in the morning, and feel a presence, and have an incredible feeling of well-being come over him. He's certain it's my mom. Freaks my step sister and stepmom out, but he's ok with it. She never does anything scary or bad.
I don't go back much, and haven't experienced it, but may try to spend the night before they move. I think it's kinda cool.
cool.png

Last edited:
Come on, there must be more of you with spooky stories, either true or made up, original or old classics...
Help me get into the Halloween spirit!

Really, no one else? I've got a few more collected from friends (I love ghost stories, especially from trusted people who don't make stuff up), but I was hoping to hear from some other people............................
pop.gif

Just Love This Thread So Far Sooo Cool
pop.gif

Before We Got Our House built It Used To Just Be A Bunch Of Trees. After The House Was Built And Furnshed And We Moved in, My sister woke up one morning to a big handprint on her leg that left a bruise. Another day we were all just hanging out watching a movie and one of the glasses on the table feel off. no one was anywere around it, My bedroom closet door opens even when its locked, it unlockes a lockes back, Our Raido Turns on and cuts up like REALLY loud,

Just Last Night my bedroom door open'ed and slamed shut. around 3:00am This morning I Was Like
ep.gif
. Ive wonderd if somone had died on the property and come to find out. a bunch of elderly people used to live here in the 1940's,

Creepy huh? i still sleep in my room with my door shut, im not really scared. But somtimes it Gives me the creeps!
th.gif

I have one that my friend made up on the spot last year, if you tell it in an upstairs room with a window while it's dark it has a scarer effect.

There were two girls, one small, the other tall. One night, in their bedroom, the window burst open. They didn't notice. Suddenly, the tall girl felt a pull on her neck. It lifted her upward and she was moved out the window. The tension relesed, and she fell. Her scream was cut off suddenly when she landed. The small one hid under the bed never came out. She's still there...

(It's not really that scary. Oh, well.)

Back
Top Bottom