Halo (Kathy) & Okiehen (Sharon)--HATCH ON!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TerriLaChicks, Apr 19, 2009.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Running a full day early! As I was moving the eggs from the turner to the hatcher yesterday, one Blue Rock peeped at me & I almost dropped it!

This morning just got up to find that one out & cheeping away, & pips all over the place in the other Blue Rock & Blue Andalusian eggs! The new early arrival is either a blue or splash; still too wet to tell (but I have broken my "all black" streak of luck, yay!)

To add to that, during yesterday's storms a young wild green parakeet blew into our carport. He is in an ancient bird cage in our dining room, stuffing his face & very calm about his situation. I've never seen such a small bird eat so much. He's 1/2 the size of pet store parakeets. I have no idea what we are going to do w/him but my husband has already named him "Petey" (real original, huh?)

O I guess I'd better go set up my brooder....

Thanks again Kathy & Sharon! You ladies ROCK!!!
    I'll get some pics later today!

2. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Luck Terri ! I have five fluffy lil Halo chicks running all over my brooder - they're adorable!

3. pepper48_98

pepper48_98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Tulsa,Ok
    I just hatched eggs from Okiehen and had a great hatch!

Almost 90% hatch on the Blue Andalusian. They would have done better but I had isues with the bator. The Welsummers were 95% hatch... very happy here.

4. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] all right Terri [​IMG]
    Here's to a great hatch [​IMG]
    Cant wait to see pictures. Thank you again.
    pepper I still havent seen your pictures and that was a great hatch.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by