1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Halo.... the blues are coming.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by charlotteda, Feb 1, 2009.

1. charlotteda

charlotteda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Pickens SC
    [​IMG] My first hatch in at least 10 years from eggs I got from Halo... her blue rock rooster over barred hens... 3 are out and one is definately blue. 6 more have pipped the shell....

pics coming once hatch is complete and chicks dry...Its killing me to not open the bator but I am being good... so far !

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congrats!! Cant wait to see them. Now be good, and dont open that bator.

3. charlotteda

charlotteda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Pickens SC
    I havent opened it yet.... I have 3 that may be blue and 3 that look black with white butts and white under their chin.

All these should be sex link by a white dot on head meaning boys...blue or black right ?

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Yep, so far that seems the deal. We've had a couple of boys slip by that we didnt notice, so apparently the head white can be very very faint, maybe even just one little fuzz. The gorgeous roo that Marina has slipped by us. If any do slip by, you'll find out early as their first wing feathers come in barred.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by