Hamilton Twp, New Jersey

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by JillMicheleDavis, Mar 19, 2018.

1. JillMicheleDavis

JillMicheleDavis Hatching

Mar 19, 2018
    Hi everyone,

I was recently told by my township that I have to “get rid of” my 9 beautiful hens. Apparently there’s a setback issue that we were not aware of and my family is heartbroken. When I asked what I should do, the township zoning officer Michael Cosma told me to “cook em”... which is infuriating and hurtful because we don’t eat meat. So now I’m looking for a safe place for my birds to live. If anyone in the NJ/PA/NY/DE area has room for 4 Barred Rock and 5 ISA Brown hens, please text me at 609-851-1704. They are sweet girls and excellent layers, all about a year old. This may be the nail in the coffin for us living in NJ. Thank you!! -Jill

2. pitbullmomma

pitbullmomma Free Ranging

Oh no, I'm sorry!!! :( What a jerk to say that!

I would try posting in the NJ thread, you might get some takers. I'm in Ocean County, but I just hatched out 9 babies (which my hub wasn't thrilled about, to say the least) which brings me up to 22 chickens at the moment. I will ask my local chicken friends if they know anybody... good luck!

3. JillMicheleDavis

JillMicheleDavis Hatching

Mar 19, 2018
    Thank you so much. I will post in a few other forums too. Please feel free to give my number to anyone who might be able to help, I’m pretty desperate at this point, and just so sad!! My girls don’t do anything wrong. They are quiet and lovey and for the most part they stay on their coops/run. We free range when we’re cleaning the coops but they have NEVER tried to fly over the fence or cause trouble. I would hate for them to be punished because this guy is a jerk :(

4. pitbullmomma

pitbullmomma Free Ranging

I posted your link and tagged you in the NJ thread. I'll put the word out.

I feel so bad for you. I would be heartbroken if I had to give up my girls, and boy. :(

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  5. Brahma Chicken5000

Brahma Chicken5000 Araucana Addict

Sep 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    LowLady likes this.
  6. Martin Huevo Farm

Martin Huevo Farm Songster

Dec 13, 2017
    Brick, New Jersey 08723
    I'm interested
    Text me plz 848 two two 3-54nine1

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.
  7. Martin Huevo Farm

Martin Huevo Farm Songster

Dec 13, 2017
    Brick, New Jersey 08723
    Did you find a home for your birds?

LowLady likes this.
  8. LowLady

LowLady Songster

Jan 13, 2018
    That is horrible! But I’m not suprised with Hamilton doing that. I never even liked shopping out there ppl are so rude! I hope you found a home for them. If not I have a friend in bordentown looking!

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: