hampshire breed?

I think since they are on craigs list they can not be NEW and USED Hampshires just doent sound right.
lau.gif
lau.gif

Have had New Hamshires and love them to death. They are a breed that has come from the RIR and a couple more breeds. They are generally gentle and easy to get along with. The roosters are either aggresive or easy going. The ones I have had have been real laid back and the best things you could ever want. The hens lay up a storm and have even had one go broody and hatch them out.If I ever go back to the large breeds the New Hanpshire would be the way to go.
smile.png

where you said more for meat than eggs.... i don't know about that. i get nearly one egg per day per hen, sounds like pretty good egg production to me!
smile.png

i also have Barred Rock hens, the NH Reds are sweeter, but to be fair, i got the BRs as adults and raised the NH from chicks, so that probably comes into play.

Im just still trying to figure out what kind we want, theres so much info! We want something nice looking, doesnt matter how much noise they make (actually I wouldnt mind annoying my neighbor:rolleyes: ) I want eggs and broody once and a while. I saw these, seems like she raises them, and thought it sounded like a good mix.

My son is helping a neighbor tear down a camping trailer and Im getting all the wood and maybe the flooring, I cant wait to get started! I want to get pullets so Im waiting for it to warm up around here.

Back
Top Bottom