hand etched coasters, porcelain tiles, oil lamps, mirrors, glass- pics

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
Heya all -

Not sure if anyone would want these or not. I make hand etched tiles and hand etched stone oil lamps. I can work in granite or porcelain or glass, or mirrors.

Here are some examples of what I've done -

Porcelain coaster set (felt backed) Gryphons and dragons
P0003007.jpg

Stone (granite) oil lamp Celtic Cross
P0003026.jpg

Smaller stone oil lamp - dragons (Granite)
P0003012.jpg

Holy Spirit Oil Lamp (granite tile - 12x12)
P0003027.jpg

Gnostic Christ 12x12 granite tile.
P0003023.jpg

What the stone granite (not the tile oil lamps) look like from the side.
P0003014.jpg

I can do many different types of pics on these. Anything that I can turn into a sillouhette I can etch into stone or mirror or glass. These are hand etched with a dremel, there is no chemical etching involved.

The prices would vary depending on the design or the medium used (glass, stone, etc...) For instance, a coaster set would probably run about 5 dollars plus shipping. The stone oil lamps are a bit heavier, so the shipping would be more.

I'll try to get some pics of some of the mirrors I have done and post them, also.

Post here or PM me if you might be interested in anything like this.

Thanks for looking -
Meriah

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I haven't tried any chickens yet - don't know why I haven't, LOL but yeah, if I can get a sillouhette of them, I can do them.

I'll try my hand at some this week and post pics - so people can see what I can do with chickens.

Peace -
Meri

Thanks, all for the nice comments
smile.png

Chickenzoo - hubby had a huge sandblaster, but I never used it. He let me near his dremel one day, and I started playing, LOL. I was hooked - it is now MY dremel.

I've done glas, vases, mirrors (sold lots of mirrors) I just started the stone a couple of years ago - I figured if I could do glass, then granite should be soft enough to work in.

The porcelain tiles was just desperation for something new to play with - it worked pretty well.

He has warned me, though, not to touch the truck windows, LOL. I etch on pretty much anything that doesn't move,
lau.gif

Peace -
Meri

chicknmama, what a lovely talent you have! Thank you for sharing those pics. Please keep us posted on cost, shipping, etc. ~ Christmas is coming . . .

I woodburn, but I have never tried etching. Sounds like fun!

Ok, I uploaded some patterns into photobucket.

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh75/chiknmama/chiknmamaschikns/patterns/

I don't believe that any of these are copyrighted (if they are and you know it, then please let me know and I will remove them). Most of them are needlework patterns, silhouettes, stamps, etc...

I have more patterns in my files that are not uploaded, so if you want something in particular, let me know and I'll see if I have a pattern or if I can find one for it.

The 12x12 granite tiles cost me 5 bucks to buy, plus the etching (depends on the intricacy and time involved - simple would be 15 dollars <~~ this includes the cost of the tile>, more intrictate would be more) and shipping. The tiles packaged would weigh about 4-5 pounds.

Postal calculator is here >> My zip code is 42728

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home_header&page=calculatepostage

The coaster tiles weigh next to nothing, but four of them would weigh about 2-3 pounds, I think (have not weighed them).

The larger stone oil lamps I can send flat rate priority for (I think) 9 dollars - unless the PO has changed rates on me again.

ETA the link to the photobucket page - DOH!

Thanks for the interest -
Meri

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom