hand feeding

Baby pigeons are very hard to hand raise and have to be fed every 3 to 4 hours...They also don't always open their beaks for you and you will have to carefully open their beaks for them and then try to stick food in their...Its all very time consuming and takes around a month for them to start really doing it on their own. I have been hand raised many many baby birds over15 or so years....I would get pigeon pellets and water it down and also add uncooked chicken egg too it, just make sure you get the eggs from someone you trust....then as the bird grows make it thicker...and around the time it get most of the adult feathers in just hand feed it pellets and remember the grit as well

I make a pudding out of warm water (or milk depending how old) and chicken pellets. I feed them with a large syringe. I tend to make it on the watery side and and feed with milk for the first 5 days. They do not always make it. Good luck Birdman! There is also a few videos on U tube showing squabs being fed by different methods.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom