1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hand forged cable damascus knife to trade for Marans eggs (pics)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KYBOY, Jan 26, 2009.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    This is a hand forged knife forged from a single piece of 1" high carbon steel cable..It was made here at our forge..The knife blade and butt were made by forge welding the cable into a homogenous piece of steel.the blade was then etched in a acid bath to bring out the pattern.Im proposing a trade for some marans eggs.Ill take offers on all breeds of marans. Though the only cuckoo eggs Ill take have to be from breeders stock as I already have hatchery stock and want to improve it. These knives usually sell for $50 and up(depending on size) but Im not tied up on the price..Just giving you an idea.Im an easy guy to trade with.Ill ship it priority with conformation..Just PM me here if you are interested..heres a couple of pics..Thanks
    The knifes dimensions are
    Overall length: 10"
    Blade cutting edge: 4"
    Blade width: 1"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Awesome looking knife!

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    it'd be a great trade. I've got cuckoo's from Sandhill Preservation. they are laying good right now, but I don't know if that what your looking for [​IMG]

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I like that knife. The only marans laying right now are Blue/Black/Splash, clean legged, various quality eggs, from dark to light, small to XL. They are laying four to six eggs a day.

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    [​IMG] the knife, very nice!! lol, i think ur the guy on T-man my husband just sent a pm to today about forging.
    silkie

6. KYBOY

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Thats me, I just answered his message..
    What Im really looking for is good pure stock to help out my little attempt at a breeding program [​IMG] Id really like to have some Black coppers or wheatens..Id like to have some good quaility dark laying cuckoo's too..

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    If you are interested in French black copper marans, original feather legged - c-1
    I've got some eggs and would love to get the knife for Hubby's birthday or valentines or our anniversary...smile....maybe all together.

Please pm if interested. Let's make a deal...

Love the knife ....Wow! God has blesseed you as an artisan forger

8. KYBOY

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Sent you a PM Bargain [​IMG]

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I won't have any eggs for a while but I have feather legged cuckoos......I may just have to buy a knife for dh before then [​IMG]

10. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    KYBOY, Do you have a website? That is very nice work !
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by