1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hand Painted Barn Wood Signs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JewellFarm, May 17, 2009.

1. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Hi everyone, I had an idea to start making rustic hand painted signs after getting my hands on some very old red oak barn wood. I have done decorative painting for about 10 years now, self taught and I love to do it. If anyone is in the market for a sign please contact me. I will do custom work. Pictures of your chickens, house, etc. Below is a picture of a sign that I just finished which is going to a fellow BYC'er [email protected] I can add a frame around the outside or router the edges or leave it as is, which I think is beautiful. Any questions?? Just ask and I will be glad to answer. This particular sign is priced at $65.00. Larger images or houses will be around $100 or so plus actual shipping charges. I also do mailboxes which usually run around $50.00.

[​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That is so amazing!!!!! Your a great artist!!!! Congrats on the talent, I wish i was capable of doing something like that.

3. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    great idea!

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    What would shipping be like for that particular sign?

5. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Can you give me your zip and I will try to find the cheapest shipping costs.

6. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    According to usps around $13.86 to ship parcel post, that's the cheapest. Plus $1.75 for insurance. Please keep in mind this wood weighs 7 pounds.

Rhonda

7. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Matt (faverolle), I will try to have an updated pic of your sign so you can see how things are progressing.

8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Great Job!!! That's how I got my name Toletiques By Sam, I used to Tole paint on old "antique" things as well, barn wood, windows, anything I could get my hands on that would sell! You're painting is lovely, and I like the saying!! Good Job, hope you sell it!!

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That is beautiful. [​IMG]

Now I must decide what to call my duck house. hmmmm

10. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Thanks guys, that one is already sold. I already have 3 more orders and hoping for many, many more. If anyone needs or wants a sign please contact me and I will gladly paint whatever you would like on it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by