Hand Pieced/Hand Quilted Bed Quilt...Never Used (SOLD)/N. GA.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jun 27, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This quilt will cover a queen sized bed. I call it "Deep Purple Dream", for all those who remember that oldies song. All hand pieced and hand quilted by me, never used on a bed. Shades of lavender, purple, pink and gray . I always thought this would be great for a little girl's room. No comparison to the cheap Chinese quilts they sell at Walmart-all new, all cotton materials and polyester batting. Asking $225, including shipping. Pymt by postal money order only. If you need confirmation of quality, ask helmstead. I gave her one of my handmade quilts when her son was born.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Lovely, Cyn!!!

3. speckledhen

Thank you, Cindy. I have several smaller items, wallhangings and a table runner, but I haven't measured them or decided on a price. I dont know why I haven't thought about putting this up here before now. It's part of my inventory. Was going to quilt and sell them during retirement, but my eyes and hands wont cooperate anymore to do this close tedious work.

4. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Hey, that's beautiful! You're really priced your work low! I know quilts go for that and more and you put a LOT of work into that! If I had the money...that'd soooo be mine! [​IMG]

Stacy

5. speckledhen

Yes, I priced it much lower than I usually would. Still, people just dont get why they would spend that much when they can get these cheapy quilts (that fall apart the first time you wash them.) A friend in Kentucky who used to make brooms would take them to sell along with his brooms, but he doesn't do that anymore. Yes, there's probably 200 or more hours of work in this quilt.

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    That's STUNNING!!!! And one heck of a price... someone is sure to snatch that up!!!!

7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

OMGoodness!!!! [​IMG] That is so incredibly gorgeous!!!! If I had the extra that would so be mine!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! [​IMG] It is breath taking!!!! [​IMG] I so wish I could get it!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. kimnkell

kimnkell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Kentucky
    That is an Awesome Quilt! I love it and if I could afford it I would sure take that off of your hands.lol... That is a really low price, looks like you have many,many hours or work in it. I hope you sell it.[​IMG]

9. speckledhen

Thank you, ladies. I realize money is tight for most people now. Heck, that's why I'm selling it here, to be honest, to help us out here at the Chicken Asylum, LOL. I designed this quilt myself from the center medallion outward and thought it out as I got to each section, so there is no pattern for it.

10. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That is beautiful and a steal at that price, for the quality of materials and workmanship. It's too bad I have orange bedroom carpeting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by