Hand raised parrots for adoption

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by angel4u, Dec 1, 2010.

1. angel4u

angel4u New Egg

Dec 1, 2010
    Hello guys,
    Sadly for sale is my 4 months old hyacinth and blue and gold macaws.They are hand raised, close rung etc.. can cough, sneeze, whistles, rings telephone and answers , plus many words.

This is a very reluctant sale and the only reason they are up for sale is due to lack of time (otherwise they would be staying!!). They will come with a large open top cage, food and toys or if you prefer, just the parrot.

Please note: I would like them to go to a good home where they will be a pet as this is what they have been all their life. This is the main reason I have decided to advertise here as I know you guys all take great care of your parrots.

Price $500 (parrot alone) or with large open top cage (cost $100) . The price in no way reflects the parrots; I just want to see them go to a good home . Fell free to email me if you have any queries. [email protected]

2. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    a location would be helpful and more details, especially since a 4 month old hyacynth shoudl still be hand feeding...

3. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

500 dollars?

4. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear your having to re-home your babies [​IMG] I've been there. Don't Hyacinth macaws normally cost a few thousand dollars? 500 is an extremely low price for such a bird [​IMG]

5. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I agree. The higher cost generally ensures that only someone with a great deal of experience ends up with the bird. A 4 month old Macaw is a very time consuming and specialty animal.

I can understand wanting a good home for them, but asking more may help to ensure that.

6. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    yes hys feed for over 2 years before weended and coast around 20,000 (no thats not a typo)

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Hyacinth Macaws generally run about 10,000 dollars ( usually somewhere between 8,000 to 10,000) If someone is selling them for 500 they are probably stolen.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  8. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    Now, Now. Don't go making assumptions.

Perhaps they are rescue animalsa and they don't know what they have. Or they got their parrot breeds mixed up, which happens more often than you think. I've seen several Macaws and Cockatoos and the like, though not hyacynth being rehomed for around $100 sometimes as much as 300, but far less than they are worth. Mostly people just get a resued bird or what they are told is that sort of parrot and don't realize what they have gotten into.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I though tyou said he was 4 months old in your origional post? I'm confused..
    Is he 2 yrs old or 4 months old

10. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    I think she's saying he's 4 months old, but will need to be handfed for 2 years. He is still handfeeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by