Handicap chicken helping me raise chicks :)

CrazyChickensEverwhere

Songster
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
I have a pullet who is 16 week old, and she got frost bite feet in winter. Well she was in rough shape for the first month, the day I brought her in the house and discovered shes sick, I thought I had to put her down, terrible shape. it was -20 degrees in winter, my broody desided she diddent want her chicks and I was at church and spent the night for youth group, and the next day is when I found her almost dead.

Now shes 16 weeks and shes behind on her growth. shes a little girl. And she loves me to death.

Well 3 weeks ago I had some 3 week old chicks 13 of them. I was running low on cages so I desided i'll try to stick them in with her, and she loved them! she mothers them (even know shes a kid herself. She'll play with the chicks, if she finds a treat she will give it to them, if a robin or some little bird flys by she will tell the chicks are they will hide. Sometimes when its cold out she little let a chick under her wing
smile.png
shes definatly NOT broody, but helps me out a tone! I love her. maybe later I can get a video of the,
smile.png

Yup. I was behind on locking up today, and I went in there and all the chicks were shuved under her her wings were just completly shuved out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom