handicaped chickens

Does stupid count??????
roll.png

Then YES...... We has a solid day of soaking rain here in New England...... My husband build a nice covered area for the silkies......and they were soaked when i got home from work. I was laughing so hard at them that i had to get the camera. This is my rooster and you can see the buff hen getting in on the shot. Notice the BLRW with just a few drops? The big birds stayed under the cover all day. Aside from my crossbeak this is all i got. My crossbeak is at least smart.

001-2.jpg

this is my blind roo ,,,, someone shot him through the head after he got out 1 day,, found him the next morning in the field standing there with his head hung down
sad.png

091008_094200.jpg

EDIT: ta say,, this is him in pool WHILE its raining hehe
wink.png

Last edited:
OMG....people are so stupid!!!! Its sad that we have to share the planet with people capable of doing something like that
sad.png

I had Lucky Chicken, who was bitten through the head by a dog and she recovered fine except her balance was off and she would flip over if startled. SHe is now on a farm in a pen with a couple of non agressive hens that don't pick on her. She spent her last couple of months with me living with my goats and she would stay out in the rain too! The goats would cram themselves through the chihuahua sized door in the doghouse in the pen to get out of the rain. She would sleep inside it with the goats at night, though.
This was about a week after the attck. She was in a coma for about 3 days and I never thought she would wake up
05050819271.jpg

This was a few days before she went to her new home
08100820051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom