Handmade(by me) Original Carpenter's Star Twin Quilt/ N. GA

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by speckledhen, Apr 12, 2018.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quilt is ready to be loved! Shades of cream/off-white, golds, olive greens and warm browns.
    Twin size approximately 60.5" x 78.5", with a natural 100% cotton batting, superior first quality cotton fabrics. Perfect weight for spring, summer or fall.

The center star is entirely hand quilted, which bumps up the price by a little bit. The rest is done in free motion motifs, a method I coined "fusion quilting". The machine quilted motifs are done by hand moving the quilt through the machine, drawing with the needle, no computer program.

$260, plus added shipping to your location. Sorry, we ship only to the contiguous U.S.
    Payment by postal money order, no Paypal at this time.
    DSC01285.JPG
    DSC01286.JPG
    DSC01284.JPG DSC01287.JPG DSC01291.JPG DSC01257.JPG DSC01411.JPG

OF65, TwoCrows, Frazzemrat1 and 3 others like this.

2. ChooksNQuilts

ChooksNQuilts Crowing

Nov 26, 2017
    Southwest Idaho
    VERY nice! I'm trying to learn to quilt but my "teacher" abandoned me (long story) :idunno
    I bought a Jenome sewing machine and all kinds of supplies and then...:tongue
    Hopefully when I get a little more time on my hands (when the chicks are bigger :D) I can take a beginner sewing class...

3. speckledhen

Hey, YouTube is full of great quilting teachers! Leah Day, Angela Walters, Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt company, etc. Check them out! I'm sure you can find beginning classes on there. I took one actual class in the 80's, no machine at all, learned the rest from books (no YouTube then). I hand pieced and hand quilted for 30 years. Just now learning to machine quilt. A Janome is a good machine! You're all set, then.
    Thanks for the compliment on the quilt. I like that pattern, particularly.

4. ChooksNQuilts

ChooksNQuilts Crowing

Nov 26, 2017
    Southwest Idaho
    Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement. It's funny because I'm usually much more independent when trying something new but with the quilting I'm afraid of messing up without guidance, I guess.
    I took a home ec class in junior high and made an apron lol.
    It turned out pretty good.

5. speckledhen

Ha, then you've done more than I have! I can't sew at all, I only quilt.

6. Frazzemrat1

Frazzemrat1 Crowing

May 8, 2017
    Eastern Connecticut
    So Pretty @speckledhen I wish I could quilt. My mom sews and used to quilt a lot... I just don't have the patience for it. I have a project where I've been quilting together two pieces of poly fleece and I've literally been working on it for 8 years! LMAO! A project my mom would have done in probably a week or less.

speckledhen likes this.
  7. speckledhen

Thank you! Fleece! I woudn't tackle fleece, you're brave. You ladies should come over to my ongoing thread here where I and several other ladies hang out and talk about our projects: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...nued-from-the-no-appreciation-thread.1154317/

ChooksNQuilts likes this.

8. Frazzemrat1

Frazzemrat1 Crowing

May 8, 2017
    Eastern Connecticut
    Mom isn't on BYC, but if/when she does, I'll send her.

Maybe I need to pull that thing out and finish it on the sewing machine I have. LOL Then finally have a completed blanket that I can snuggle under. Just in time for summer! LOL

speckledhen likes this.
  9. Aye_It's_Liv

Aye_It's_Liv Chirping

Mar 30, 2018
    Australia ~ VIC
    Woah~ That is amazing, how long did that take you to make?!

speckledhen likes this.
  10. MatthewsHomestead

MatthewsHomestead Crowing

Feb 21, 2018
    NC Foothills
    I crochet. Made one quilt for a baby with hand sewing and a basic singer that's slightly older than me... It was really pretty. But now I make amigurami

speckledhen likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by