1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Handmade, gourmet soap/sale/trade for hatching eggs! *LOWERED PRICES*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I still have a few bars left! I'd like to get these moved out so I can start some new batches (new scents) soon!

I have ONE bar each of the following:

Cherry Almond This is one of my favorite scent combinations. The cherry and almond compliment each other perfectly. This bar lathers nicely and the scent has great staying power. PENDING

Baby Powder This one really does smell like baby powder.

Red Clover & Tea A sophisciated pairing of clover and tea--this soap is pretty strongly scented, with a long-lasting smell. Good lathering properties.

Sweet Pea A bold, spring-time scent, hard to describe...but still a lovely soap! PENDING

Bars are now just $4.50 each BYC members (until Friday, only). I DO combine shipping--it's $5 for priority for two bars. These are heavy bars that average 5oz a piece!

I will consider doing a partial trade--the soap for some rare hatching eggs, sebastopol eggs, turkey eggs, some hertiage breeds, an incubator or ??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    whats in baby powder soap?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

That one is actually the only one that I had to use fragance oil in, rather than essential oils. I think that's why it has not sold...and I only used that because I got a free sample of the oil along with my regular order, months ago...I personally hate the smell of baby powder but thought I'd give it a go. The first three bars, one lady bought...and this last one is just sitting here, lonely. LOL

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Are you gonna be makeing more of them I would love some but this month is ben's B day and the start of the hatching project so Im all tapped out .

5. Chickies-duckies-etc

Chickies-duckies-etc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2008
    Kansas
    would you be interested in trading for some welsummer eggs?

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Maybe? Do you have pics of the birds & eggs? Thanks!

7. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Guess not sorry to bother your thread good luck

8. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

OOOOooooo! Wish shipping wasn't so much! That Patchouli oil is on the expensive side but smells sooooo GOOD!
    [​IMG]

9. Rare Feathers Farm

I only charge that because the bars weigh so much. I can probably ship them cheaper (if it's not priority?) And I do combine.

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I'll be making some sooner than later...just probably not these same scents since they didn't sell well--the exception being the cherry almond.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by