handmade poultry transport coops for shows etc for sale in Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wildernessdweller, Jul 9, 2008.

1. wildernessdweller

wildernessdweller Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    My brother and I are making these 5 compartment poultry transport coops. I have been showing chickens/ducks and guineas about 3 years, and getting everybody there has been a challenge. So looking at what everyone else was using, and my own needs, I set up a design, and then my brother and I together fine tuned it....

You can stack them and still open the compartments of the lower coop. The ones in these pics are 16" tall x 32" long each compartment is 6" wide. I'm having a brain cramp, they are either 14 or 16" deep. Ideal for Bantam roosters, but I also use them for my Black East Indies and Calls for now til we have time to build the next design which will be for them! LOL

We're selling these for $40 each or 2/$75, hand delivered to a show/fair in Maine or Mass that I am attending, or you can pick them up here in Burnham, ME. I have not yet had time to find out about the costs for shipping if we shipped them.....but it's certainly an option if you're not showing here in the far north! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    wow...I wish you culd make ones with harware cloth instead of the dowel bars... I would like one for my button quails but it would be too much to ship i think!! MAN that's cool... [​IMG]

heres another idea...Mak them for other animals...they'd make a great rabbit hutch or anything practically! I wanna shipping quote...tell me this how mcuh do they weigh?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  3. wildernessdweller

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    Hardware cloth is a doable option.

I don't know how much they weigh, but I worked hard (nagged a lot) to make sure they stayed as light as possible. I'll have to take one to the post office and find out. I need to know what state you're in....

4. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    North Eastern Pennsylvania!

5. wildernessdweller

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    re: Quail cages- talked with my brother and we'd have to completely replan the doors - came up with the plans.....

but we're wondering, do you have to have them 16" tall for quail? what about 6"??? that would end up lighter to ship too.....

if you're serious, we'll need a deposit to make it because it's a special order, with the balance due plus shipping..... before shipping it out. please private message me with a phone number so I can call you to talk about it.

thanks!

6. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    do you happen to know how much shipping is to Fountain FL. I like them alot. This will be my frist year showing.

7. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I thinks its fantastic. Will you be at the Chickenstock in NH on Sept. 14th? Or where and when will you be in Mass?

8. wildernessdweller

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    today got very complicated and when I tried to stop and find the cost of shipping they were closed -but I'll try again tomorrow- planning to ask about several states so I can post it so folks will have an idea about the costs.

I haven't gotten all the show lists yet, but I do hope to make it to the NH swap.....

9. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I may be interested in one. Let me discuss w/ my DH. If he agrees, I would hope to pick it up from you at the NH chickenstock on Sept. 14th.

Julie

10. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:your orginal design is really nice .... Plus quote the shipping for Lafayette, Louisiana . I have bantam silkies that I really need something like this for them . Hubby was considering building them their own separate place separate from the regular flock .

HEY , this is even better with dealing with EBAY ... LOL

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by