Handmade Quilt from years ago.....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Acre of Blessings, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Serious Bidders Only

A friend handed me this quilt at church and asked me to see if I could sell it for her. She told me her husbands grandmother made it. She and her husband have been married for 34 years, maybe this can give you an idea of how old this quilt is. She said it has been folded and moved alot but not used alot.
    By looking at it you can tell that it is an older quilt and for the age, looks to be in very good condition. It is very heavy and warm. I does have 6 small holes that are repairable and a few stains that could be cleaned.
    The quilt is laid out on my Full Size bed. The measurements of the quilt is 86X70
    Below is a few pics I took of the quilt so that you can see it better. Post with any further questions that you may have.

I did not post a price for shipping because I am unsure of what it will be, so.....Auction winner will be responsible for shipping cost of the quilt.

Payments to be made by Postal Money Orders Only. Happy Bidding

The Top
    [​IMG]

The back
    [​IMG]

Hole in the back
    [​IMG]

Three small holes in the binding (there are 3 othe small holes that I can see)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics of some of the patterns
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Man, if we were in the states I would bid in a heartbeat! Priority shipping to here for that would be insane. Good luck, it sure is a treasure!

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Is it all hand sewn? It looks it.

4. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:Yes, it is 100% hand sewn. The blocks and the binding are hand sewn and the whole quilt is hand tacked.

5. NapsWithChickens

NapsWithChickens ZZZZzzzzz....

Feb 22, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Do you know what the batting is?
    thanks

6. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:I dont' know since I didn't make it but it sure is a heavy quilt. It should be warm for the winter

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by