Handmade Scroll Notepads

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I made these to give for Christmas. Just mixing them into baskets I've made of candies and handmade aprons and handmade reusable sandwich bags... ect ect!

Came up with them the other day.

The latch is ribbon that goes over a button to hold them closed. I cut some paper to size and tied the paper on through button holes. Then used a paper clip that holds the paper flat while writing. This is good to keep mental notes, get a grocery list together ect. They are small... like only 1" around and 3-4" wide. They fit right into a purse, or pocket. And if you need, so you don't lose your pen... it wraps right around a pen and slips where you need to keep it on the go.

Pretty nifty, I keep one in my purse now too.

scroll.jpg

scroll1.jpg

Great, handy idea!

I noticed that you used a paperclip to keep the paper anchored at the bottom. What if you sewed a ribbon straight across the bottom and slipped the bottom of the pages under? Would it work?

Quote:
I think running another ribbon would bunch the fabric I think?! I barely allowed that at the top. However, I found some GORGEOUS paperclips I may switch these out with. There are fun designer paperclips out there, and they have special scrap booking paper clips too.

I'm planning on making more of these because someone just asked for some... maybe I will make them to sell one day.

You're right, the ribbon may pull too much. What about making a "pocket" to slip the bottom of the paper into. That way you could put one of those little Putt-Putt Golf pencils in there too.

The paperclips are great too, I'm just throwing ideas at ya.

Those would be really handy to keep in the glovebox, too.

I should have photoed it, but it wraps right around my pen in my purse!
smile.png
I love that! ANd my pen even has the clip on the side so the notepad doesn't slip out. The pencil I idea with a pocket would rock. Just not sure how it would fit. These little guys are smaller then my index finger. (I had to cut and paper hole punch the paper myself to fit it so small. Even post it note pages were too wide.)

Last edited:
Oh! I didn't realize they were that small! I'm picturing calculator paper width?

I'm thinking you could even make those into a greeting card, too. Lots of possibilities there. Good luck!

LOL... yep these suckers are tiny!
lol.png

My husband asked for a not so girly one for himself so he can throw it in his little pouch on his belt next to his cellphone. I'm thinking that would be great!

I just hope they are appreciated as gifts, as these are all given away right now. Going to make a few more for my neighbors, and get them some of my garden seed and loaves of bread I'm making.

I need to get off the computer, off the sewing machine and out of the kitchen! I'm TIRED!!!!
lol.png
I'm all holidayed out.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom