Handsome Russian Orloff

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Kim95037, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Kim95037

Kim95037 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Morgan Hill California
    Checking to see what the interest is here. Im SO attached to this guy, I dont know if its going to work out for me to keep him, Im worried that his crowing may get me into trouble with my neighbors. I would be willing to drive him to a location in Ca depending on the distance, or perhaps ship him somewhere in Ca or possible beyond. I have never shipped an adult chicken so Im a little nervous, I just want him to arrive safely and have a wonderful new home.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/735089/boo-hoo-i-dont-wanna-get-rid-of-my-roo

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Kim95037

May 27, 2012
    Morgan Hill California
    Heres some pics of my handsome [​IMG] Hes barely 6 months old....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. byveidt

byveidt Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2012
    He's beautiful. A Black-breasted red? I haven't seen any of those since my pair three years ago. You might try the PPBA Stockton show at the end of January. That's actually where I found a home for my BBR Orloff cock. A 4H girl was desperately looking for one for her girls. Good luck.

4. Kim95037

May 27, 2012
    Morgan Hill California
    Thanks, thats a good idea. I have to go make peace with my other neighbors tomorrow. I dont know if we can last until the end of Janurary. Man that would be fun tho to go to the poulty show!

5. klindner

klindner New Egg

Apr 7, 2013
    Hi Kim!
    I'm wondering if you found a home for your handsome Russian Orloff. I'm sur eyou have by now -- but if so, do you know where we might be able to buy a few chicks? Thanks so much! Kathy Lindner

6. klindner

klindner New Egg

Apr 7, 2013
    PS -- We're in California too! Our ranch is in NE CA, Lassen County!

7. Kim95037

May 27, 2012
    Morgan Hill California
    Hi, Sorry for the delay in answering I haven't been on this website for a while. I never realized Russian Orloffs were kind of rare and how beautiful they are or I would have gotten more! The place I got him from doesn't do chickens anymore, what a bummer! Hope you can find some! So far bribing my neighbors with eggs is working, no one seems to be too annoyed (except for my hens because hes a non stop love machine).He actually stays inside the coop when he crows in the morning, so Im very lucky so far. God is good!

8. vtguania

vtguania Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2013
    Vermont
    klindner have you found chicks or are still interested in getting some?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by