Handsome white leghorns? [Peeper]

archil

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 6, 2012
Guys post pics of your handsome or not so handsome white leghorns hens or roos.

My mum has this lovely big white leghorn hen called Peeper
We call her Peeper because when she was a chick she was the loudest thing, peeping all day and all night.
She's the biggest girl in the coop and by far the most handsome.

I was wondering if they do shows for hens, and If Peeper would be show quality...
She has such a lovely big floppy red comb, and wattles, and is a very sweet lady

We had to take her to the vet today to get her scaly leg mite sorted out [note the skanky feet above] and while we were getting ready inside I took some pictures of her
What do you guys think?

Also a quick question.
We've noticed that sometimes the back of her comb goes a bit dark, purple or almost black/blue, would this be lack of blood flow or possibly blood getting trapped. Most of the time It's nice and healthy looking, but occasionally it goes a little purple. Anyone know what this is?

Last edited:
Not too familiar with leghorns but I think I can try and help. Her feathers seem to flow into her tail which I believe is a good thing. Comb has five points which is correct. Wide spread tail. I don't have much more than that. For showing I would try and take her to a small show and see how she does. If she does well you could try bigger shows.

Thanks, yeah, I'd probably only be able to get her to a smaller show anyway.

well if you do show her good luck i hope you win
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom