Handy people needed- wood gravity feeder

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kristip, Sep 10, 2011.

1. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
  2. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I built one, it was easy to make and worked great but took up a lot of space. Now I have a PVC fed feeder.

[​IMG]

3. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

This one mounts to the outside of the coop with just the tray protuding inside. you can build it as big or little as you want. the one pictured hold about 65#.
    [​IMG]

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I built two of these>[​IMG]

5. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    kdk1 or 7l... do you have any plans for those? That is what I am looking for. Anything you would change or works perfect?

THanks

6. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    I just bought my neighbors coop since they have decided not to raise chickens anymore. The coop came with 2 wood gravity feeders I took one out because it was taking up so much room and was just nailed to the side of the nesting boxes. The other one however is built right in so even if I didn't want it I couldn't get rid of it. I am a bit concerned about it being sanitary however. I know when I worked at the animal shelter we could not take donated wood dog houses because they were too hard to disinfect.
    Is this a valid concern for me? What would I do if heaven forbid I ever have a disease come through my flock?
    I did mist the whole coop down with a mixture of Chlorhexidine and Listerine and let it air out for a day before moving my chickens in....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by