Handy people needed- wood gravity feeder

I built one, it was easy to make and worked great but took up a lot of space. Now I have a PVC fed feeder.

62744_100_7463.jpg

This one mounts to the outside of the coop with just the tray protuding inside. you can build it as big or little as you want. the one pictured hold about 65#.
98066_auto_feeder_dimensions.jpg

kdk1 or 7l... do you have any plans for those? That is what I am looking for. Anything you would change or works perfect?

THanks

I just bought my neighbors coop since they have decided not to raise chickens anymore. The coop came with 2 wood gravity feeders I took one out because it was taking up so much room and was just nailed to the side of the nesting boxes. The other one however is built right in so even if I didn't want it I couldn't get rid of it. I am a bit concerned about it being sanitary however. I know when I worked at the animal shelter we could not take donated wood dog houses because they were too hard to disinfect.
Is this a valid concern for me? What would I do if heaven forbid I ever have a disease come through my flock?
I did mist the whole coop down with a mixture of Chlorhexidine and Listerine and let it air out for a day before moving my chickens in....

Back
Top Bottom