Hangin with the big girls!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by quackiemama, May 22, 2019.

1. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Today the little ones got to come out of the crate and interact with the big girls. Leonard had to go hang out in the house for a little while so we could make the see and touch introduction. No worries, I went down to the river and caught him some minnows as an apology for putting him away. Anyway, apparently ducklings are really scary in the beginning. The runners ran for the pool on higher ground and the rouen hid behind the food bin at first. Then they all got a little more curious and got closer. MaryAnn though had to go to timeout and hang with Leonard after a bit, she got aggressive with every single duck including the big ones. We will try with her again tomorrow. But what a fun day! On a side note, I took some pics of my little runts foot! She is completely flat footed! Yay! And look how big that little fluff butt is getting!

Attached Files:

2. house.of.ducks

house.of.ducks Songster

May 4, 2018
    Connecticut
    I'm glad everything went well, they're all so beautiful !!

DuckyDonna likes this.
  3. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Thank you, I am quite smitten with them. When I put the little ones back in their crate they passed out from all of the excitement. And MaryAnn and Leonard were quite happy to be back out with their friends. Ducks are the best hobby ever!

4. Jbently28

Jbently28 Songster

May 7, 2018
    Louisiana
    I'm so glad her foot turned out ok. How long did she have to wear the little foot brace?

FluffTheDuck likes this.
  5. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    She wore her little shoe for about a week. Each day I would remove so she could swim and then replace it. I got really good at making her shoe. I ended up using pipe cleaner, painters tape and a waterproof band-aid. Worked like a champ.

Jbently28 and DuckyDonna like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: