1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hanging bird feeder

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by beachcoopgirls, Jun 24, 2016.

1. beachcoopgirls

beachcoopgirls Just Hatched

Jun 24, 2016
    My husband and I got our first hens about two weeks ago! I had a standard feeder in the coop but yesterday I got a hanging bird feeder (picture attached below) but it doesn't look like they've touched it! Is it too complicated for them? I also attached some pictures of my girls [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Congrats on your new chickens! They are so pretty! And while that is a nice hanging bird feeder, I would suggest using your standard poultry feeder since the hanging feeder is made for much smaller birds and the openings are vertical instead of having a trough, so it is not ideal for chickens and will likely be a little confusing for them. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Something like this would be great, and you can still hang it up if you'd like. But I'm sure the wild birds in your area will appreciate their lovely new feeder! [​IMG] Good luck!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by