Hanging pen netting is no fun when your short......

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by chickenzoo, Dec 8, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I've been making a new pen to hold my White and reg Mandrians, White Faced tree duck pair, pair of wood ducks and a lone female ring teal...... Finished the bones of it today, just got to finish rocking and landscaping.... They seemed to love it, but I sure hated hanging the netting.....wish I had stilts....especially when I warped it around the trees....lol. But sitting back and watching them made it worth it.

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I know what you mean. I'm only 5'2" I have my grandson help me he's 16 and 6 feet. My granddaughter is 5'10. I guess they get that from their grandfather. lol

It's hard on your shoulders isn't it.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Lol...ill have to adopt some kids to help me next time.
    Yep..shoulders..neck....back....arms.... I have some health issues that often get in the way...but that's why I have a farm...it keeps me pushing myself. I rather be in pain from doing this then being in pain just sitting around. Hehe

4. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    I can relate entirely. I just finished adding on to my biggest pen If I didnt tell you already. Luckily my son and his friend helped me.

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

Probably smaller then it should be at 16 x 30 but I will be adding pens off of it for them and my pheasant...
    They all seem to enjoy it and have space....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

8. Mark HSV-AL

Mark HSV-AL Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    When I did my big aviary which is 135' by 85' with 12' ceilings I had a group of six volunteers (family) 5 ladders, 2x4's for pushing netting and it was a serious effort.
    So I can sympathize ;-)

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

The beginning.......lol

10. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Great job chickenzoo !!!! Thanks for sharing. Thems some happy birds and I bet you are too! Hi Mark hope you and the family are all doing well and . Get to posting some pics on here of that pen on here [​IMG] Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas Everyone!!!! Your friend Shawn

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by