Hanging pen netting is no fun when your short......

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
I've been making a new pen to hold my White and reg Mandrians, White Faced tree duck pair, pair of wood ducks and a lone female ring teal...... Finished the bones of it today, just got to finish rocking and landscaping.... They seemed to love it, but I sure hated hanging the netting.....wish I had stilts....especially when I warped it around the trees....lol. But sitting back and watching them made it worth it.

I know what you mean. I'm only 5'2" I have my grandson help me he's 16 and 6 feet. My granddaughter is 5'10. I guess they get that from their grandfather. lol

It's hard on your shoulders isn't it.

Lol...ill have to adopt some kids to help me next time.
Yep..shoulders..neck....back....arms.... I have some health issues that often get in the way...but that's why I have a farm...it keeps me pushing myself. I rather be in pain from doing this then being in pain just sitting around. Hehe

I can relate entirely. I just finished adding on to my biggest pen If I didnt tell you already. Luckily my son and his friend helped me.

When I did my big aviary which is 135' by 85' with 12' ceilings I had a group of six volunteers (family) 5 ladders, 2x4's for pushing netting and it was a serious effort.
So I can sympathize ;-)

Great job chickenzoo !!!! Thanks for sharing. Thems some happy birds and I bet you are too! Hi Mark hope you and the family are all doing well and . Get to posting some pics on here of that pen on here
tongue.png
Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas Everyone!!!! Your friend Shawn

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom