Hansel and Gretel's First Outing

dogzrule5

Songster
11 Years
Apr 14, 2008
Sanford, NC
My baby geese, Hansel and Gretel now 8 weeks old, had their first outing in my pasture last evening. The chickens had already gone into the barn so I closed the door and took the babies out of their temporary pen in my garage and gave them free reign in the pasture. It was the funniest thing to watch. Hansel put his little wings out and ran about 6 steps and then stopped. They both immediately started gobbling the grass but never ventured from the gate, where I had set them down.

I was concerned about catching them when it was time to go in for the evening but stopped worrying when I saw that they had followed me down to the barn while I took care of the chickens for the evening. I tested to see whether or not they were truly following me so I started walking around the pasture and here they came, waddling after me. I felt like Mother Goose!
smile.png
It wasn't difficult to pick them up and put them back in the garage for the evening.

I've never had geese before and am so in love with these little darlings!!! I just bought my first ever digital camera yesterday so will be able to post pictures once I figure out how to download them.
tongue.png

They are Gray Saddle Pomeraniums. I took a great picture this a.m. but haven't read instructions on how to download them. I'll hopefully get that done this evening.

They are so sweet!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom