Happily joining the chicken community in Sonoma county, California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by meganrebecs, Jun 10, 2010.

1. meganrebecs

meganrebecs Hatching

May 25, 2010
    Santa Rosa
    Hi everyone!

I'm very egg-cited to be a part of the chicken world!! I just set my 10 eggs in the incubator on Monday. 4 BCM's, 3 Americauna's and 3 Mille fleur d''uccles. Shipped eggs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This is my first time hatching and owning chickens so I hope I'm not in over my head! Technically it's illegal to have chickens in the city I live in but I know lots of people who do..so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for understanding neighbours. Since I only plan on having 3 or 4 hens, I've decided to keep it on the low down and not mention it for now. The neighbours are all pretty cool...but you never know. I mostly operate under the adage that sometimes "it's better to ask for forgiveness then permission!" I figure if and when they realize that a few feathered friends have moved in, I will have already proven that they are not a nuisance and not smelly and they will all be okay with it......I hope. :) Keeping my fingers crossed on this also. Have almost finished my coop..built it using scrap wood salvaged from my boyfriend's house. Once i figure out how to post pictures I'll post in coop section.

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    Welcome and good luck! [​IMG]

3. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Songster

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Oh no, a new Incu-Addict! Out to convert the rest of us. Oh the humanity.

5. Lolita

Lolita Songster

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. I like the way you think. [​IMG]

7. Chickaholic

Chickaholic Songster

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    [​IMG] from Washington!! Good luck with your new babies, I am on my first hatch right now [​IMG] for you and me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: