Happily single? Raise your hand!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hikerchick, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I get the feeling there are some who doubt that anyone could possibly be happy as a single person.

Am I the only one who doesn't need to be paired up in order to be complete and happy?

Show of hands, please.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG]

I'm much happier single than I was not single. It's not really 'happier', but it is safer. Can't get my heart broke if I don't give it to anyone [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Sometimes you can be single (alone) while still married.

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I'm with Buff. Single but married.

5. hikerchick

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:I know. But it is way more lonely.

6. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I am married but I see no reason why some people can't be happy when single. We all have different personalities so it makes sense that not everyone wants a spouse. [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I am married but I see no reason why some people can't be happy when single. We all have different personalities so it makes sense that not everyone wants a spouse. [​IMG]

I'm tired of looking for a 'good one'. My son's father was a 'good one', but he was in a very bad accident, and we don't see him anymore. I give up on looking, so I'll be single now.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I agree, everyone is different. I'm married for 36+ years and very happy with my life, but I suppose not everyone needs or wants what I've got to be happy.

9. hikerchick

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I think you have to really want to be married in order to make it work. I have never wanted it that badly, which is why every man I ever spent more than 5 minutes (ok, I am exaggerating) with irritated me beyond belief. I was thinking - why put up with someone else's quirks if I don't really want to be married anyway? Seemed pointless, for me. I never found anyone with whom the good outweighed the bad. So why compromise my peaceful existence with drama I don't need? But I understand that many people feel differently.

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    if I were single, I'd be patrolling this thread looking for phone numbers.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by