Happy 4th of July Weekend!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FarmerJamie, Jul 2, 2010.

1. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Fortunately my little community has an endowment fund that pays for public events like fireworks every year. Many communities around the area have either cancelled firework displays, or scaled them back big time due to the current economic climate.

I was able to sit on the front porch with the family tonight and watch the display across the valley tonight - only traffice jam to speak of is when both of the dogs tried to walk in front door ahead of the youngest.

I am so thankful for the blessings of this country!

Have a safe and fun holiday weekend, everyone!
    [​IMG]

2. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    I just went and bought bottle rockets, roman candles, and some butterfly color changy thing today. Also have left over fireworks from vacation so I'm ready!
    America aint much of a country anymore but it's still one of the best around!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    It's still the greatest country there is.

God Bless America!!!

Happy Birthday, USA [​IMG]

Stay safe, everyone, don't wanna see any threads on missing appendages [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We have a local minor league baseball team - farm team for the Diamondbacks, that has a big to-do every year. It's FUN!

5. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

not wanting to turn this into a political thing, or start an international cyber-war lol

Yes, America is the greatest country.

we got some of the fireworks that just throw up sparks, and some poppers. nothing too big, but big enough! lol

Can you believe it has been, um, 200...230...234 years since we got our freedom from the English? Wonder if i'll be alive during the 300th anniversary? lol

Happy Independence Day Everyone!! [​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Can't pop fireworks in my town (though that didn't stop my Uncle from being the first to EVER get cited for it... bottle rocket wars) but darned if I don't make a point of reading the Declaration of Independence every year.

WTG ForeFathers for putting it in writing, and to the men and women who keep it a hard fact.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by