1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy 8 days old chickies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gapeach717, Mar 14, 2012.

1. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    I am so happy all 6 of my first set of chickies have made it to their one week birthday!! I am still clueless as to what they are for sure (all came from assorted bantam box at TSC) Still more than happy to get some guesses!!

[​IMG]
    the new upgraded brooder in the livingroom...dogs are all in love! chickies...not so much! there is a lot of "Get away form my chickens!!" being said in the house now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dixie ay 8 days <3
    I know this pic looks rough but it wasnt, she is peeping and flapped her wings and i was lucky enough to get this shot of her new wing feathers coming in and color. I LOVE her golden mask...still have ZERO clue as to what she is! (praying she is a she!!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sweet Daisy May (one of the "twins", she is SO friendly! She likes to peep and walk right up to your face to get a better look! I am pretty sure now she and Ellie May are Mottled Cochin Bantams.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Miss (i HOPE!!!) Sara with TONS of new wing feathers and even some tail feathers coming in. She is the one I am most confused on what she is. Most confident of the group, she is bigger than them all. I LOVE her colors!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Beautiful Princess Lay-a, has THE best fuzzy feet ever!!! Still clueless as to what she is as well. Sweetest baby ever! Has TONS of wing feathers and feet feathers coming in, love her white splash under he chin and belly! dark dark skin, almost solid black beak as well. Any guesses on her would still be very helpful!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My little under developed sweetheart, Lolly Pop. Still hardly any new feathers, hasnt grown a whole lot, but is friendly, playful, and eats constantly! With her silvery blue color and yellow splash face and furry feet I have zero idea what she is! Guesses?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last but not least, Ellie May, with her signature beauty mark by her eye. Not a whole lot of "big girl feathers" but she is growing well, and is sweet and friendly and a good eater! One of my "twins".

And the new set up inside!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking and for any guesses!!!! Happy week (and a day!) birthday chickies!!!

(ok I will keep pics to myself for a week now, lol)

2. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    no one likes my chickies :(

3. The Accidental Coop

The Accidental Coop Out Of The Brooder

Not true! They are soooooo cute! [​IMG]

4. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    I LOOOVE your chickies...Princess Lay-a is a Black (OR) Blue Silkie. Not sure about the othes. The dark dark skin was a DEAD give-a-way!! Good Luck!!

5. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer

For SURE!!!!

6. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    I have ZERO experience with banties but i do know ADORABLE CHIKS when i see them =] CONGRATS

-Caleb

7. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Awwww thanks guys!!! I am spreading chickie fever all over fb too, lol!!! I can't believe how fast they grow!!

8. hollyertley

hollyertley Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Georgia
    You are right about the twins being mottled cochins. The first one is possibly a golden laced cochin. Not sure about the coloring. My TSC cochins look a lot like yours. I guess it is a Georgia TSC thing. LOL. It will be interesting to see what the black chick turns out to be. I was told TSC never get silkies but i don't think they know what they are going to get. They are all very adorable. [​IMG]

Here are my two cochins.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  9. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    I'm in love with the yellow with black ones......SOOOOO CUTE!!!

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

The mottled ones are adorable :love [​IMG] Here is one of mine at 8 days old! - mottled houdan :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by