Happy baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by loupan, Dec 17, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    [​IMG] I just put a perch in my brooder for my 3 week old chicks and oh my gosh they love it and know straight away what to do bless them [​IMG] they are soooooo clever i also put a wee box in for them to sleep in so they not sleeping in there own dirt and they also love that [​IMG] spoilt chooks i think [​IMG]

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

sound like they are spoild lol. [​IMG] u have some happy chicks. u should post pics!!

3. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I just did the same thing this afternoon for my 2-week olds. They love the perch. I also cut holes in two sides of a cheap plastic bowl - and then put it in their brooder upside down - so it's like a little tunnel. They love crawling in there and "hiding." Good luck with your little ones.

4. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Here they are scooter the blue silkie ,honeydew the white silkie, orville the black orp and penny the orange orp well actually not sure what colour she will be [​IMG] they are all hens i dont think i can bare parting with them now [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just a question why has my white silky got more leg hair then my blue its real weird [​IMG]

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Genetics or age (even born a couple hours later) can make a difference. It's like asking why does aunt Phyllis have a mustache and Mom doesn't.

6. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    [​IMG] [​IMG] :yuck yeah i guess so i just wish i could tell what the sex was but no chance lol they both have buffy heads and getting buffyer by the day the white one does seem to be feathering faster but like you say could have been born few hrs earlier lets just hope for hens [​IMG]

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I think Silkies are the hardest to sex and I think you will have to wait and see if any start crowing when they get bigger.

8. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    I have to agree atleast I will get few more weeks with them either way could do with having some idea before they do start making he'll of a noise don't think neighbors will be to happy he he

9. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

awwwwwwwww want them.

White silkie has a big comb for its age

Maybe a roo?? [​IMG]

lol U have some pretty chicks

10. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo must admit it does chest bump the others alot and its defo the boss at the min ,i soooooo hope its not though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by